Sharing thoughts in humility

The London Book Club is a meetup group hosted by the www.meetup.com The group has been in existence since early 2004 and has come to be stable with a few constant members. Its a fun meetup and enjoyed by all. Discussions goes on smoothly and there is no class affair though it is made up of people of all status, from students to directors, etc. If you have thing for reading books, you may like to try this out. We read across subjects and suggestion is open to all. See you...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The History

Yesterday at BTI, I quietly watched jealously as the ladies mainly discussed The Historian. Poor me, I didnt finish the book and so was forced to stay out of their way. Anyway, it wasnt only me... but I'm not going to point fingers; hehe
But it was cool. Most people seem to have enjoyed the massive bible-like volume though bookworms are always full of criticism; anyway, never mind, that's why worms eat up their environment. So the attack was on and I bet Dracula the vampire or his wicked human form Vlad the empaler wouldnt have withstood this discussion regardless of his powers of wickedness or compassion. Well done people; you all gave Vlad a match for his manner.
Yesterday also saw democracy at its full fledge with the 'first woman prime minis...', sorry, did I say minister? Well, something like that. Mark showed his open-minded, motivating leadership strength by letting some other person take the lead. He has always hinted at doing it but this time, someone from the dodging members fail into the ... dont think its a ... trap. Mark sat staunchily beside her emitting all the powers of leadership yet not interferring with the job. Well done Mark.
So, welcome to the new members who found time to be there and even spare more going to the Citie of York. You can guess, especially for the 'new in London', you have visited York without Shire injust about 30 days of arriving England.
Ok. Enough of this. I am sorry I am updating this later than should be. But its not easy as I got to jump into the train in the next 2 hours to leave this city behind for some days... am choking. So that's the more reason I need motivation via contributors joining on this blog.
And before I go, may I welcome back Sharon... Nice to know that while the young girl in John Fowles The Collector died of her Typhoid (or what was it?), Sharon read the book and survived hers... hehehe. Ok. Ok. Ok. Time to go. See you all in June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home