Sharing thoughts in humility

The London Book Club is a meetup group hosted by the www.meetup.com The group has been in existence since early 2004 and has come to be stable with a few constant members. Its a fun meetup and enjoyed by all. Discussions goes on smoothly and there is no class affair though it is made up of people of all status, from students to directors, etc. If you have thing for reading books, you may like to try this out. We read across subjects and suggestion is open to all. See you...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Impromptu

Its at situation like this you realize how much people like and want to do certain things. Yesterday was one of them.

After getting tied down at school sorting myself out, finishing late, I decided to go straight for Tuesday's Intermediate meeting. But to do that, I need to remind myself again of the location. Remember it was (supposed) to be a brand new place. Anyway, having left my printed copy of the map at home, I have to check the internet again for it but what did I see???

A new IMPROMPTU mail from Mark. Oh dear! Changed, location moved. To a pub again? Absolutely ...! Anyway, I got on the bus to it. It a wonderful, old, 'viking sort of' quiet-noisy place. mhhh... Anyway, there you go. I circled round and finally got its entrance. As always, I was noticed; dont ask me why. And I noticed Alex too, blimey! Why wouldnt I? And who wouldnt by the way... The tall giant. Anyway, it was nice cos it was a confirmation that it will hold.

So we went and grabbed something to drink, gosh... there was a serious tomb of hell in the middle of the inner (chamber) pub. So where is Mark? I made call, he appeared.

Anyway, they turned up. No collector among us, No Miranda either. But it was fun. We tend to agree like members of BNP, Ferdinand was a confusing entity. Miranda was .... c'mmon someone tell me.

Anyway, it was a nice meeting. The number was good regardless of the impromptu info about a change of venue.

Looking forward to 2 weeks when we meet again to talk about Tractors in Ukraina - what an odd name to give a book? Anyway, that's what she want to call it and funny it won an award... I wonder what for.

Cheers all. Godwin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home